The end of summer always trails along like a dachshund puppy on a long walk. I’ve been ready to dig out the 120 deniers since July and have even tried to will autumn into existence by wearing a huge poncho cardigan in 20 degree heat… clearly to no avail.
So as summer soldiers on, I’m looking for ways to wear my new winter wardrobe without triggering a bout of heatstroke. This pretty printed skirt has been waiting for its first outing for a while and although I was imagining berry-coloured tights and a leather jacket when I bought it, I think it looks just as good with bare legs, ankle boots and a crisp t-shirt. If, like me, you just CANNOT WAIT to wear your new season pieces, here are a few more tips to help with dressing for the in between…
- Mix cosy colours with white for a fresh look
- Wear ankle boots or brogues with bare legs instead of tights
- Balance heavy fabrics like cord and leather with breezy, sheer materials
- Add autumn accessories to summer outfits – a felt hat, leather satchel or pair of ankle socks
- Try an autumnal makeup look – rich red lips, dusky brown eyes or plum nails