Welcome to Wardrobe Wonderings – bringing you style solutions for your most niggling closet conundrums every week! Got a Wardrobe Wondering of your own? Tell all and you could be featured right here! This week, I’m scratching my head over this:
Such a great question, don’t you think? Fashion is all about taking risks, pushing boundaries and trying new things, but if your funds (like mine) are rather limited, that can lead to limited outfits, too. And not only that, but it takes real fashion balls to go all out with a kooky combo you’ve never tried before.
Inspiration for this post came from one of my most-loved blogs – What Katie Wore. Katie rocks it in something that looks totally different every day, but if you’ve got a beady eye you’ll see she has some favourites that she wears all the time. That girl’s got some mad mixing skillz!
Combining pieces you wouldn’t usually dream of putting together can often unearth your fashion genius. This outfit is a million miles away from my usual floral fare, but I really, really love it. Here are my tips:
• Suck it up. You’ve got to be brave here girls – move away from your jeans and give that skirt you’ve never worn a go
• Try new combinations. Apparently, blue and green should never be seen but I think they’re working pretty well here – don’t you?
• If you think something won’t work, go for it anyway. You’ll never know ‘til you try!
• Stay true to your own personal style. The floral corsage is an old favourite and adds a little bit of me to a new look
• Feeling chicken? Soften your new look with the comfortable elements of your old one. A faithful cardigan and flats felt more suited to a day in the office
As this week’s Wardrobe Wonderings is all about being brave, I dare you to send me a photo of you making a bold statement in something you wouldn’t usually wear. I’ll pop them all together and do a Wardrobe Wonderings follow up some time next week. Make sure you link me to your blog if you have one! Email me your photos here.
Do you have any tips for dressing dangerously without spending the dough? And what do you think of today’s outfit? Tell all!