Gap cardigan, H&M tee, H&M jeans, vintage belt, Primark socks, Steve Madden boots, Accessorize necklace, Fossil bag
And the details...
2009 has been a year of change for me – I changed my hair, changed my job, changed my car, changed my home and changed my relationship status. It was the year I grabbed with both hands and made things better for me. I’ve never really been into New Year’s Resolutions because I think we should always be striving for a better, healthier, happier life, but I do have a few that relate directly to this blog…
1. Stop buying cheap clothes. I started this when I bought the Steve Madden boots above – they cost £105 (down from £150) but I know they’ll last and last. Documenting my outfits in this blog has made me realise just how much I spend on cheap clothes and how quickly they fall out of favour or fall apart. So now I’ll be buying less, but better.
2. Go vintage. I’ve added a few vintage pieces to my wardrobe in the last few months, and I want to keep doing this. Blogs including Cali Vintage have really opened my eyes to how wonderful vintage clothing can be.
3. Re-learn dressmaking and buy a sewing machine. I studied textiles for a few years and really loved it, but haven’t been near a sewing machine for a long time. I still know the basics but would love to start making clothes from patterns. I might ease myself back in with a cushion cover, though!
4. Continue to build A Little Bird and pinkplectrum. I want to improve my photography (which should be easier as the nights get lighter) and make more pretty jewels.
And my final resolution, which isn’t really a resolution at all, more of a life mantra, is…
5. Smile, laugh, have fun and be happy.
Here’s to a great 2010 – what are your goals for this brand new decade?